Sunday, March 29, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyond:#53 Finding Books Online

Three local book stores that are close to the Northwest Branch
Book Land
7135 Louetta Rd
Stuebner Airline
spring, Texas 77001

Copperfields Book Shop
8228 Louetta Rd.
Spring, Texas 77379

Barnes & Noble
5303 FM 1960 West
Houston, Texas 77069

#2.Search for the book I selected?
The Book I selected was The cat who blew the whistle by Lillian Jackson Braun
Borders price is $7.99 online
The Audio Price is $59.00 with headphones
Compact $34.99
http://www.borders.com/online/store/SearchResults?keyword=cat+who+blew+the+whistle&type=0&simple=1

#3 Download an e-book
The book I downloaded was The client by John Grisham.
My experience with reading books online is not new. I had to do some of them while in college. However, when I downloaded this book I read as much of it I wanted but my preference is holding the book in my hand. It holds my attention better. Now if I wanted it on a PDF then I would down load it to my computer and then I can pick up on it whenever I wanted to. But I really like holding my books it is just apart of me. Everywhere I go I have a book in my hand of some kind. Habits are hard to break.It is good to have different forms but having the plug in my ear all day is not my cup of tea.

No comments: