Sunday, March 29, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyond#54 Social Networking Through Books

Exercise #1
Yes I have been a member of a book club. For adults it is a good socialnetwork through reading. Finding other people who like to read and share what they have read is good fun. My experience has been an in-person book club and was by a friend who knew a friend . I have never been apart of an online book club.

Exercise #2
NW Branch as begun it's first adult Book Club. The name of our book club is Reader's Perspective View. So far it is going well. We are reading Susanna Garden by McCormick. This book was recommended so after our meeting I will know how the other members felt about the book. I think having a book club in the libary sort of help the patrons to really feel as though they belong to the library. It puts reading books back into a postive perspective. After all Libraries are about books not just the internet(smile). I am interested in geting more interested in using Reading group guide. There are some great pointers I will use for our book club at NW.

Exercise #3
I checked on Good Reads and Shelfari! for my book of choice: One for the money by Janet Evanovich. The ratings were similar on both sites. Good Reads gave One for the moeny a 4.10 avg. rating out of 5. Shelfari! gave it 4 stars out of 5. I wasn't surprised. I read One for the money and I was hooked--

No comments: