Thursday, April 1, 2010

Publishing Evolution #83: Paper to Pixels (or e-ink)

What do I perfer. I like to read, and holding a book in my hand and packing them along with me has really become a habit.However, I am open to the new. I want to get the downloadable reader so then I could really have a validated answer to what I like best. So for now I will just say holding a book in by hand is great. Now, If I could compare it to a pdf type or just reading it on a regular pc well that would just bore me and make reading tireing. I just can't stay focused on a computer that long.
2. Price is really not that important to me. If it is something that I really want to read then it is worth it to me. As for as digital is concern I might would take a second look for as price is concern. I think that the digital should be the same price as the paper or even less. Paper copy you get to keep and the download is only there for a period of time and then you have to take it out to make room for other books over time.
3. Preview and then pay is a good idea. You can find out if you want it instead of waisting your money. I suppose it is on the same comcept as the store which allows you to browse the inside of the book before you buy it.

No comments: