Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Publishing Evolution #82: Print on Demand

Self Publishing has become the new hot item. I think the reason for this is not only to kick out the middle man but because of the cost. It seems to be a liitle cheaper for self publishing but it has a lot to do with what you are willing to pay. Even in self publsihing some of it can be expensive.

If an individual is concerned with the reader then these options are available. Actually, I think it would be a good idea if one could do it both ways. Maybe for the first time of writing you would do a ebook and then later on publish it on amazon or google book. I looked at some of the published books on iUiverse they were okay but with me it really doesn't matter.

2. As a reader,I rather have a book I could hold in my hand. However, looking at the sony reader and the new reader pad that is out today looks inviting. If I have a book I would like to keep then I rather have a hard book, If it is something that I would read for such a little time then I would do the e-book.
As a reader It does not matter to me how the book got printed I just want to be sure that what I am reading is giving me what the book said it will do.

No comments: