Friday, November 16, 2007

Downloadable Media (Week 9#22)

This seems like a winner. My familarity of e-books were basicly used in library school when we were having to do study online from and area that the teacher was using for a particular class assignment. Most of the time we downloaded from the process of reading it from an adobe reader. It had never really accured to me that the public libraries would use this as an added tool for outreach purposes of attracting users to library services. I like the set up that HCPL has it is simply using their library card. When using an adobe reader and reading from this process if an individual would download it on the desk top it would be good but it requires a time of discipline of staring and reading. However, if you could make copies of this then it would make it a little easier. If I wanted to use Libri Vox or Wowio I would use it has a means of seeing what they had and getting an idea of what a particular book is about and if the excerpts that I read caused me to want the book I would come back to the library and see if it is there and then if not I would purchase it if it's possible. I can see possibilities. I saw a book on libri Vox I would like to see into but again it's a matter of time on my part to take advantage of this. The over drives has current titles and I would have to pay for it but Libri Vox and Wowio are open to the public and of course their titles are a little older.

No comments: